September 4, 2009

The Battle Rages On...

I've been having this internal battle for the last 2 weeks on whether or not to quit breastfeeding. Every time I think I've made up my mind to quit I'll feel guilty and keep going. Or like this morning when I got up and was actually full I felt like I had to keep going and not waste it. I've struggled since he was about 6 weeks old to produce enough and we've been supplementing with formula since then. I've been back at work for 2 weeks and its been even harder. I pump 3 times at work and once at home at night and over the course of the whole day (pumping 2+ hrs total) I get a whooping 8 ounces. He needs at least 20 ounces while I'm gone during the day. Its hard to keep going knowing that I can barely fill 2 4oz bottles a day but on the other hand I feel like I shouldn't give up yet. Everything you hear/read says that everyone should be able to do it and produce enough as long as you stick with it. I think they're lying. So anyway as of last night I was quitting... as of this morning I'm going to keep going.

1 comment:

The Aupperle Family said...

Does your milk let down when you pump? It only takes me 5-6 minutes. I know there are times when my milk doesn't let down and then I can't even get an ounce.