November 18, 2009

Wedding Post

Sorry the pictures are kind of messed up...

The day we got engaged

No, this isn't me, but its a good picture of my dress!
Ok so I stole this off of Julie Sancken's blog the I look at off of Milissa's and thought it was kind of cool. When I was reading hers it made me think of all those things from our wedding that I forgot about.

1. When was your wedding?
June 30th, 2007

2. What day of the week was it?
Saturday


3. Did you get married in a church?
The Lutheran church in Fairbury
4. How many in your wedding party?
4 Bridesmaids and Groomsmen, 2 Jr Bridesmaids, 1 Jr Groomsman, flowergirl and ringbearer.


5. Where was your reception?
The Walton Centre, Fairbury


6. How man guests were invited?
415 were invited, 320 RSVP'd


7. How long did you wait to tie the knot after the proposal?
One year exactly! Dustin proposed June 30th, 2006 when we went to visit Ryan & Milissa in Tennessee.


8. Who did you hire as your photographer and Videographer?
KDesign did out pictures (LOVE) and we had the worse videographer EVER. Mom had to hunt him down to even get our video a couple of months after the wedding.


9. Did you have a DJ or band?
Band. Eric Thompson and the Stone Cold Cowboys, it was awesome and I think everyone had a really good time.


10. Did your father walk you down the aisle?
Yes


11. What color were the bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen's vests?
Aqua and Green


12. Did you have a bridal shower?
Hmmm I had one on the Lawrence side, one on the Popejoy side, one with the Weber's/Righter's and the most kick ass couple's shower ever!


13. What type of limo did you get?
We had Dad's 1920 Maxwell Firetruck. Complete with the little boys doing the siren.


14. Where did you go for your Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties?
As far as I know Dustin and the boys raced go-karts up in Chicago... The girls ate at TGI Friday's in Bloomington then went on to Peoria. We went to the bars downtown. There were jello shots and lots of dancing. I even went into Big Al's... At 4 AM it was time to get Rae Weber home cuz she was puking on the sidewalk. We spent the night at Par-A-Dice. Good Times!


15. What type of Wedding gown did you wear?
Ohhhhhhhh I LOVED my dress!!! It was a vintage inspired gown by Harriet dePrag. Very funky and something that no one else would have. I wish I were skinny so I could wear it again....


16. How was the weather?
Beautiful and Sunny


17. Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It was awesome


18. What was your favorite part of the wedding?
How could I choose? I loved when the guy from the band sang "I've got a brand new girlfriend" to Grandma Glo, Riding on the firetruck through town, and (haha) Lance Lawrence falling down the stairs as we were going home and knocking Dustin down.


19. What was the funniest thing you remember from that day?
When we were signing the marriage license Mike Winegar put a ball in chain around Dustin's ankle. It was so funny and lightened the mood.


20. How long have you been married?
2 1/2 Years

No comments: