January 22, 2010

My Aching Head

Asher went back to the Dr yesterday for a follow-up with his "jonesing" which seems to be much better. I've only seen him do it once or twice a week for the past month. I've decided not to do the EEG, but to wait and see if it gets any worse. Little man hadn't gained much weight since last month, weighing in at 19 lbs 4 oz. I've been having trouble getting him to take a bottle so I got some different nipples and that seems to help.

Although it was Asher's appointment I hogged most of his time talking to Dr Austman about my migraines which have seemed to have flared up again. I was on a preventative shortly before we started trying to get pregnant then I had to get off and I haven't been on anything since. I only had 1 while I was pregnant and about 6 since I've had him.

But last Thursday I had barely got to work before I started seeing spots. For anyone who has never experienced this its CrAzY. It makes it impossible to work on the computer. About an hour later I have up and headed home. I thought I could make it back to Fairbury without getting sick but about 3 miles out of town I had the window down and was trying to "breathe" through it. Maybe I should have taken a Lamaze class. Anyway I ended up puking in my lunch bag as I was pulling into the parking lot out at north park. What a way to start the day.

Since then I haven't been able to get rid of what I call a "functioning headache." Meaning I can still work but am miserable. I had a massage on Tuesday and that helped a little but when we were at the Dr last night I was ready for some real meds. Dr Austman put me back on a preventative and gave me 2 different prescriptions for when I get a migraine. Then I got a shot in the butt for good measure. I think Asher thought it was great to go to the Dr and Mommy had to get a shot while he just watched! So anyway, I'm hoping this new medicine helps!

No comments: