March 16, 2012

Tid Bits



  • It is March in Central Illinois and the weather has been in the high 70's & low 80's this week - CrAzY but I'll take it.
  • This means that I had to go through some more maternity clothes looking for tee shirts.  I have 4 and 3 out of the 4 are so ugly I don't think I can bring myself to wear them.  My arms have gotten HUGE and there is no way I'm wearing a little flutter sleeve top.  So when Mom came over for lunch on Wednesday she stopped at Wal-Mart and picked me up a couple of tee shirts for a whopping $4.50 a piece.  They are sooo soft and after I ruched the sides they fit great.  I had been looking at something similar here but for $24.99 - Thank God for Wal-Mart and a sewing machine.
  • RJ wrecked on his 4-wheeler on Sunday pretty bad and Asher saw the whole thing.  As RJ was riding Asher kept saying "RJ not being careful" - next thing we knew RJ went over the front and the thing ran him over.  He was fine but has some road rash on his face and arms (yes, he was wearing a helmet) and now Asher doesn't wanna go near his 4-wheeler.  Dustin finally got him on it last night but I think he's scarred for life.
  • Asher's Pre-School screening last week did not go well.  It took him forever to get off of my lap and didn't want to play with the other kids.  He also had no interest in showing them how smart he is - I was so disappointed.  Once Mrs Cindy came over and started talking about RJ and Papa and Meme he warmed up and would do his colors and count for her.  I was glad that she came over and knew just what to do to help him come out of his shell!  So during our review they did reccomend pre-school this fall (he'll only be 3!) but because of him not being social they thought it would be good for him to go.
  • With all this nice weather I'm so anxious for May to get here so I can be home with the boys!  I have a feeling we'll have many walks and days spent by the pool at Meme & Papa's.  I'm still a little worried how I'm going to manage 2 but I'm sure I felt the same way when Asher arrived.  I feel so much more comfortable with this one coming because I know what to expect - I just hope that Asher is able to adjust :)
  • Yes, I know my pictures are kind of messed up.  This is the first time I tried posting pictures directly from my phone to the blog - might take me a while to get the hang of it.

Aunt TeeTee made Asher a sticker chart because he's been peeing in his pull-up at night. Mommy wasn't having any luck so our resident teacher made Asher the chart and gave him the stickers. We had to send her a picture the next morning when he got to add his first sticker to the chart!
 

Don't eat the soap - it tastes bad.

Wednesday at lunch Asher wanted steak.  So we got him a ribeye sandwich and the child ate almost the whole steak - and a bottle of A1.

And at lunch the week before - we sent Daddy a picture of his new Monster Truck!  (Thank God we got a haircut!)

My other boys - Boo is such a cuddle bug!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg, that picture of Dustin and Boo is SO ADORABLE.

Tess Weber-Popejoy said...

Haha I love that picture! Dustin would pry kill me if he knew it put it on the blog. Boo LOVES to cuddle with us :)