October 15, 2008

First Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday we had our first appointment with Dr. Austman. Everything went good and she confirmed that my due date is June 12, 2009. I was fine until they took the 8 vials of blood and I almost passed out. She was done and said "ok you can go now" I just looked at her and said that I needed to sit there for a minute. The blood was rushing in my ears and I was really dizzy... I felt so stupid! Before I knew it I was laying down and one nurse was fanning me and another had cold towels on my face. Then Becky Miller came in with a coke. After a couple of minutes I was fine, but how embarrassing!

They scheduled my first ultrasound for next Monday the 20th. If we get a picture I'll be sure to post it. Seems really early for one, but oh well!

I've been feeling really good, just tired. This morning I had my first little wave of nausea, but it wasn't too bad. Dustin is leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow afternoon so that will give me some time for rest! He's going for the weekend with Kevin Kafer, so it could get interesting... glad I wont be there!

1 comment:

Sara T said...

I am glad to hear all is going well. Hopefully you don't get sick at all, I know how that feels from personal experience. It will be so excited to see the first picture of your little one. June 12 seems a long time from now but it will go by very quickly. Enjoy your relaxing weekend.