June 12, 2009

Baby's Day Out

Thursday was Asher's first big day out! I think it wore me out more than him. We had to go to the Gibson Hospital first to get copies of medical records, then off to Paxton to get copies of his birth certificate and if that wasn't enough for one day to Bloomington to apply for his social security number. We lucked out at the SS office because Dustin's Aunt Elaine works there and someone inside recognized the plates on the truck. So while I was sitting in the back of the truck feeding little piggy his Aunt came out and got all my documents, took them inside and had everything done in less than 10 minutes. Now that is curbside service!
Either Taylor or I stayed in the truck with him at the other stops while mom chauffered us around. I did take him into Target with me but other than that he slept in his car seat the whole time. I was tired too, being the first time I've been out. I was trying to stay awake on the ride home.
Advertising space for sale.

Dustin's Dad & Grandpa came over for supper last night and Dustin even cooked!
Addie stopped by last night too and brought Asher his first Build-A-Bear.

2 comments:

Sara T said...

Love the outfit and I'm sure it makes Papa Randy proud. Sounds like a busy and exciting day!!! Happy birthday Uncle Dustin.

Milissa said...

Happy Birthday Daddy Dustin!! I can't wait to see Asher tomorrow, I bet he has changed so much since I saw him in the hospital. Tess, you better warn him that my MONSTER is coming to beat up on him!