June 13, 2011

A Day in My Life

Do you ever get sick of my posts?  Do you ever feel like you see the same pictures over and over?  Golf carts, 4 wheelers, water, Asher and Charlee.  I take pretty much all of my pictures on the weekends and we do pretty much the same thing every weekend so I've decided to show you what a typical day for me is like.

My day starts when the alarm goes off at 5:30 and I jump in the shower but it really starts when Asher wakes up and starts yelling at me for a 'nola bar, usually around 6:15.
Taylor got him this Buzz Lightyear air mattress for his Birthday and now he won't sleep in his bed. 
Then we move into Mommy's room where he plays with his trucks, tractors and choo-choos.  He systematically drops them off the side of the bed and yells "Mommy get it" as soon as I turn on the hair dryer, start brushing my teeth or whatever I may be doing.  Then he yells for another 'nola bar as seen above. 
It's Monday, so that means Asher is hanging out with Nana Jane today. They keep very busy watering flowers, doing laundry, making dinner and today going to the grocery store.  Everyone needs a Nana Jane.  Oh, wait.  I can just hear my cousins yelling "I DO HAVE A GRANDMA JANE AND MY LAUNDRY ISN'T DONE!"  Let me tell you this guys, don't ever leave the nest.  That's what you get for pursuing careers and moving away from home. 
Now for one of my favorite parts of the day: my morning commute.  This is my time to mentally prepare myself for the day without Asher hanging on my leg and begging me for a 'nola bar. 
Then I arrive here and spend a good part of the day doing a job I love with people I love - couldn't get much better than that. 
Except on this particular day I went here on lunch for 2 things.  Obviously I grabbed a few more things, stood in line for 17 minutes and listened to an old guy tell me blond jokes the whole time.  My lunch hour was shot. 
But everything is forgotten on my 20 minute ride home.  I decompress.  I ride through the country with my window down and Brantley Gilbert blaring. 
Then I come home to see this happy little face. 
We go inside and he wants to play with the crayons which I hate because of the smell, but when he says "pease" I can't say no.  Within 2 minutes he drops the box and they're all over. 
It's not like he colors with them anyway - I don't know what it is that he does with them.  But they are my crayons and they still look new so maybe I did the same thing. 
This is him crying at the screen door because I wouldn't let him come inside with me.  Sometimes I like to go to the bathroom by myself. 
Before we knew it Mom and The Sister pulled up on the golf cart and then Dustin's Mom stopped by to give him his Birthday card.   
After dinner it was time for me to leave the boys for a little bit because I had to go see one of my favorite people in the world, Lynn Barnett.  There is nothing like a massage after a long day! 
When I got home Asher was just getting in his jammies and I made them some popcorn.  As I write this they are both sacked out on the couch.  It's 10:30 and way past my bedtime but I'll still go lay Asher in his AIR BED and then go to bed myself and read for at least an hour.  Days go quickly now, Asher keeps me busy.  Hope you enjoyed my day!


1 comment:

Julie S. said...

Sounds like a pretty good day to me! But by 10:30, I am ALWAYS sawing logs!