July 1, 2011

Aunt Terri's Pasta Salad

Mom asked me to bring a dish for Father's day.

I'm usually the one they ask to bring the rolls.  Now, don't get me wrong - I can cook.  I even used to enjoy it but I just don't have the time anymore.  Before I had Asher I loved to cook all the time but I just don't do it anymore.  And to tell you the truth I end up cooking about 1 day a week.  Grandma Jane usually takes care of Monday's, I eat at Mom's on Tuesdays because Dustin has golf league and Wednesdays are Family Dinner Night at Mom and Dads.  Thursday nights are the nights that I actually cook!  Friday - Sunday we usually either eat out with my parents or eat at their house.  I consider myself lucky.

But I do have a go-to recipe that I use when I go somewhere that I need to bring a dish.

Aunt Terri's Pasta Salad  
  • 1 pkg linguine
  • 1 chopped green pepper
  • 1 Bermuda (purple) onion chopped
  • 1 jar pimento, chopped
  • 1 bottle McCormicks Salad Supreme
  • 1/4 c Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 bottle Zesty Italian Dressing


Cook linguine according to directions on package. This is when I chop my veggies.


Then combine the rest of the ingredients while linguine is still cooking.


Drain and rinse linguine in cold water and add to mixture. Chill over night and stir well!

No comments: