December 14, 2011

Asher is 2.5!



Ok, so not today but on December 2nd Asher was 2.5 years old!  I'm getting really bad at updating on him lately so here are a few things he has been up to.
  • He is SO tall.  I can't wait to go back to the Dr and see how big my lil guy is.  He has always been over the 95% for height.  I believe he weighs about 32 pounds.
  • He is not a good eater.  I think this is partly mostly because the child drinks 6-8 huge glasses of milk a day.  He loves his milk but then when it comes time to eat he isn't that hungry.  The foods he likes best right now are cheese (mac 'n cheese), hot dogs, pepi (pizza), string cheese and pancakes.  We have found in the last month that he's been having allergic reactions to fruit.  This has happened with pineapple (the juice left welts where it ran down his tummy), strawberries (which gave him hives for days) and peach salsa which also gave him hives and welts.  I guess we'll have to be very careful what he eats now!
  • He's so funny.  Dustin's Great Grandma Grace passed away the end of November.  Asher had been talking about her a lot lately since we had been down to see her a few times in the last couple of weeks.  That afternoon after the funeral we were wrapping presents and I asked Asher who the present we were wrapping was for and he said Grandma Grace.  We went into a 5 minute discussion about how Grandma Grace was in Heaven.  When we were done I asked Asher "Now, where is Grandma Grace?" he looked me right in the eye without hesitation and said "Uptown drinking beer."  Lord help us.
  • He repeats everything.  You have to be SO careful around him because he will repeat any bad word he hears.  He loves to correct us too - always coming upstairs and saying "Mommy, Daddy said a bad word." 
  • He is so easy to influence too.  He went to Lodge with Dustin, Dad and RJ last week.  RJ brought him home about 8:00 and while we were getting his jammies on he kept telling me about Boobies and Lodge.  I had no idea what he was talking about.  The guys had promised me when I dropped off the food to try not to corrupt him.  Well, I guess while he was there they showed him a set of Boobies that bounces around to the Rodney Carrington song "Titties and Beer."  It was all Asher talked about for 2 days.
  • He is wearing size 3T pants (almost too short!) and either 2T or 3T shirts.  Although he will only wear clothes when we leave the house.  If we are home he is either in just his underwear or a pair of jersey shorts.  When you ask him what he wants to wear for the day its always the same "jeans and boots."  We just bought him a new pair of boots and they are the cutest things I've ever seen.
  • Asher is now completely potty trained and has been for weeks.  He still wears a pull-up to bed but about half the time he is dry when he wakes up!
  • Right now his favorite toys are some animals Mom picked up at Big R or his little monster trucks.  He even sleeps with them.
A Typical night at home
I cannot believe how easy Asher has been. He slept through the night early, it was easy to take his bottle away, easy to take his paci away, transitioned into a big boy bed with no problems and was fantastic at the potty training! Don't get me wrong, this child tries my patience on a daily basis but when it comes to the big milestone stuff he has done awesome.

This makes me wonder if this next one will be hard on me. Although I have a feeling this is going to be a very laid back baby - I guess we'll have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are Asher and Clayton twins? They are so much alike. Clayton only drinks milk and isn't a good eater, is really tall too, loves wearing his boots (what kind did you just buy him? not impressed with these roper ones I just bought), has the same dump truck he fills up with toys, easy to potty train, good sleeper...the list is endless! Boys are so fun! I love reading about Asher and the new one on the way!

Jessica said...

where did you get that train??? love it and so would my boys :)

Tess Weber-Popejoy said...

Brooke -
Mom and I bribed him with these boots from JC Sales in the mall (http://cowboyoutfitters.com/denverbrown.html) to get him to sit on Santa's lap. They are so cute and he tells me all the time they are "cool boots." I've thought since I began reading your blog (a long time ago) that the boys reminded me of each other!

Jessica-
My Grandma actually brought that train down when we put up the tree. They used to put it up every year at their house. So I'm not sure where she got it but Asher LOVES it. I saw one similar at Gordmans last week.

Jessica said...

Thanks... I might have to look for one