December 20, 2011

Pinterest

A couple of months ago I got on the Pinterest Bandwagon and I must say I am in love!  It does make me wish I was more creative though!  Here are just a few things that I have tried from my "pins."

I actually made this last night.  It was really good and something I'll make again.  Dustin does not like spaghetti but loved this.  I also made homemade garlic bread which would have been really good if I hadn't burned it.  When they tell you to watch it while its broiling they mean it.

Gummy Bears soaked in vodka.  Hmmmm I made these last night.  A batch for the little shop party they're having on Friday and one for the Weber Christmas.  I won't be having any but I'll let you know how they turned out!
**UPDATE**  I went to get these out of the fridge this morning and it was a solid block of gummy in the bottom of the container with some vodka floating on the top.  I'm not sure if I did something wrong but these went down the disposal - in one big gummy brick.

Asher loves to help cook so I was looking for a new cookie recipe.  These were a great combo of my two favs - oatmeal & chocolate chip.

These were surprisingly easy.  I did have to do it twice because the first time I used one of Dustin's shirts that had a seam running down the sides - don't even waste your time.  The shirt needs to be seemless around the middle.  The only one I could find at home was my favorite Hanes Mens white V-Neck that I sleep in.  It worked fine but with the size I used it was too long to just wear once around my neck and too small to wrap around twice.
I love this stuff.  Asher has a problem with really dry skin so I was pretty excited when I saw this.  You have to do a little looking to find the Vitamin E Cream (it was on the bottom shelf with lotions at Wal-Mart) but it is so thick and creamy.  I use this as a body lotion everyday myself too.  Great for winter skin.

This is so easy to mix up and works really good.  I just put mine in a little tub and keep it in the shower.  I have found if you leave it on too long it will burn just a little bit.  It isn't something you would want to use several times a week.


No comments: