February 12, 2012

Deja Vu

About 3:00 Wednesday morning I woke up with a migraine and the worst lower back pain ever.  I didn't know what the deal was but I just laid there for the longest time because the thought of getting up was making it worse.  Finally about 45 minutes later I got up and took one of the Tylenol 3's that Dr A gave me for migraines.  I laid back down for a little while and couldn't stand the back pain anymore.  So at 4 am I was up and running water to take a bath.  That was the only thing that seemed to help.  It was when I was up and walking around that I noticed how crampy my lower belly was.  I soaked in the tub for about 15 minutes and just when I was getting out Asher started yelling from across the hall that he peed the bed.  Great.

So I took the sheets off and everything off his bed, wiped him down and put him in bed with Dustin.  I went downstairs and put everything in the washer and laid on the couch.  Asher came down a little later and told me to come upstairs.  So I laid down with the boys and not 15 minutes later I was running for the bathroom because I was so nauseous.  What a WONDERFUL morning!  I called my boss because I knew there was no way I was going to work and Mom came and picked Asher up.  I called the Dr office when they opened to talk to Dr Austman but after an hour of her not calling me back (told you I was in pain) I called again and told them just to make me an appointment and I'd come to Gibson.  Of course I couldn't get in until 2:30 but thankfully Mom and Asher were with me.

At first I thought maybe I had a bad UTI.  Of course in the back of my mind I had looked up preterm labor and I had several of those "symptoms" too.  So she said my urine came back fine and was concerned it might be preterm labor.  So she did a test in the office that would check for something that would be present if I was actually in labor and sent me to the OB at the hospital across the street.  At this point I was starting to freak out.  She asked me if the cramps I was feeling were contractions but I never went into labor with Asher so I wasn't real sure.

When we got up to OB the nurse was waiting in the hall - just like they were the night I had Asher.  It was like deja vu.  So they got me in a room and all hooked up.  They gave me something in an IV and took the sample I brought in to send it to the lab.  Then they sent someone in to do an ultrasound to check the length of my cervix.  Brudder was hooked up to a monitor and they checked me for contractions.  Dustin got there about an hour afterward and then Dad came to pick Asher up because he isn't good a sitting for a long period of time!  After about 3 hours in the hospital Dr Austman came over and said that everything came back good and she wasn't real sure why I was having the pain.  The nurses tried telling me maybe I slept on it wrong and I seriously wanted to hit them.  I was in TERRIBLE pain - this wasn't from sleeping on my back wrong.  So they gave me soemthing for the pain and we went home.

And then I laid in bed for 2 more days and moaned, and vomited, and had chills and then sweats and a fever.  It was awful.  Thursday morning I thought I had  the flu but the vomiting only lasted half a day.  I talked to Dr Austman again on Friday and she said that it could either be a raging bladder infection that somehow didn't show up on my test along with severe constipation.  Fun stuff!  She went ahead and sent me in a script for an antibiotic and a new medicine for my head.  After about 3 doses of antiobotic I was starting to feel much better. 

I also went to the chiropractor twice in those couple of days in case I was out of line.  And I was but just a little bit.  So I'm still not sure what was going on but I really thought I was dying.  Feeling better today, just tired.  Being sick sucks but being pregnant and sick is 10 times worse.


Lukesmommy25 said...

So sorry to hear about all that, sounds miserable! I hope you are doing much better now!

Sara T said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. It isn't fun being sick. Praying for smooth sailing from here on out.

Julie S. said...

That sounds awful! Hope you are doing much better!

Wish I Might said...

I'm a little far behind in reading... I'm sorry to hear you went through this! Goodness! I hope you're doing better now!