August 16, 2012

Camping

One of the last weekends in July we decided to go camping and boating.  Mom and Dad had just bought a motor home and Dustin hadn't really been able to use the boat all summer.  We loaded up and went down to Clinton Lake on a Friday afternoon.  We had a nice relaxing night.
Asher played in the rocks with his dirt bikes
Adler just hung out

The next morning everyone but me and Adler loaded up to go boating
Asher was a big help getting it ready
Can't you tell?



My weekend was cut short however because I came down with mastitis, again.  If you've never had this - you are so freakin lucky.  For some reason I was blessed with having it 3 times within the first 9 weeks.  I was fine when I woke up Saturday morning but then I noticed that my legs and butt were really sore.  By the time I met everyone for lunch I was starting to feel really sick.  Its like having the flu - body aches, head ache, fever, chills and a sore boob.  I texted Dr Austman and she was able to call me in an anti-biotic that afternoon.  The Sister was nice enough to run to Pontiac and pick it up so Adler and I set off for home.  Grandma Jane met me there so she could take care of Adler for me.  It was a LONG night.  Thankfully the worst of it only lasts about 24 hours.  

** Update -  Since I published this post just a couple of hours ago I have realized that the unthinkable has happened.... Yes, I have mastitis again.  For the 4th time.  I got it at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 9 weeks and now 12 weeks.  Lord help me.  At least my Dr is cool enough to just call me in something at this point. I asked her a couple of weeks ago what I could do to prevent it.  She said nothing - some people are just prone to it.  Lucky Me **

No comments: