June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Dustin!

I know I'm a little late but Dustin celebrated his 29th birthday on Saturday!  We started our weekend by going to his cousin Alex's wedding on Friday night.  Alex & Elia were married in his parents backyard in Forrest, it was beautiful and fun to see them and his cousin Jacob and his wife Bethany again too.

The Bride & her Sister

On Saturday we loaded up and headed down to meet Ryan, Milissa, Ashlyn and Baby Boy at Clinton lake for a day of fun in the sun!  We also met up with Dan & Sam Brown and their little girl Sydney.  We've had fun meeting up with them both times we've gone boating and look forward to going to Shelbyville with them next month!  Here are a few pics of the kids playing in the sand on the beach.



Ashlyn looked so grown up with her hair in a pony!  I can't believe she'll be 2 next month!  Of course our luck and the weather didn't hold out for us and once we started our lunch at Boondocks the rain came.  Of course this Mommy was ready to head home but Dustin wasn't about to let a little thing like a thunderstorm on the lake ruin his birthday so after a little tantrum thrown by me we were back on the water.  Milissa and I huddled under the canopy of the boat with the kids in towels while it poured and the guys stood on the beach.  Fun times, let me tell you.  At the next break in the storms I was a little more insistent that it was time to go home.  As soon as they dropped us off at the dock it started pouring!  Dustin was stuck out on the boat while Ryan went to get the trailer.  Milissa and I got the kids into their car.  
 
Sorry Milissa, I would have posted a picture of myself looking like a drowned rat if my camera wouldn't have gone dead ;)

When we got back to town Dustin & I took Asher to Benchwarmers for dinner for Dustin's birthday.  Of course they had NO HIGHCHAIRS available so we had to tag team a one year old through our dinner.  It was Dustin's birthday and there he sat with Asher on his lap, doing his high pitched yell for attention while throwing his hot dog on the ground.  I just looked at him and gave him the this is your life now look.  Not exactly how he had hoped to be spending his birthday I don't think.

Sunday my family headed to the golf course for a scramble to celebrate Dustin's birthday once again.  Of course our girls vs guys match ended in a tie but that's probably for the best.  Afterwards we went back to Mom and Dad's for pizza. 


No comments: