June 28, 2011

Crazy Town

Saturday we headed downtown to the main drag.  My main goal for that day was to buy a new pair of boots.
There were so many choices 
So many, many choices. 
The Sister was having a hard time too.
Our group walked out of there with 9 pairs of boots.  They were addicting.
We headed down to Margaritaville.  This is when we found out Dustin's license was expired.  Oops.
I had a Bloody Mary for breakfast with lots of Tabasco and pepper.  Mmmm. 
Mom and Miss Mel
We felt bad for Dustin so we moved on to the next place where they didn't really look at his ID. 

New Boots! 
Dustin & Dad needed those Bloody Marys to recover from their escapades at the Hotel Bar the night before.  I had finally had enough and went up to bed.  My cell started ringing and Dustin was calling saying his key didn't work for the room so I let him in.  It wasn't until I looked at his key the next morning that I realized he was using a Ramada Inn key.  Ummmm honey, this is the Hilton.
We saw all kinds of things down there.  I had to wait until this dog moved.  Yes, it was real.
Some of us like to eat instead of just drink our lunch - so me, Mom, The Sister and Josh went to Jack's Bar-B-Que for lunch.  It was awesome and worth standing in line for 30 minutes to get my food. 
However, when I got a text from Dustin down the street at Legends that said "Hurry and get down here - the guy in the band is giving your Dad shit" I knew I had to get out of there quick. 
Do you know my Dad?  He doesn't talk much, but when he does its usually worth the wait.  He doesn't like people to call him out in a crowd and that's just what this guy did.  He kept calling Dad Skippy. 
He would say "Skippy, look at Skippy.  He's that kid on the field trip that tries to act like he isn't having fun but he really is."  or "He's the only man who can go to a strip joint and not turn around."  This is after Dad kept ignoring him. 
"Lets give a hand to my Manager Skippy!!!"
Freakin Hilarious.
Almost as funny as the look on Dad's face when he found out Taylor and Josh were sharing a room.  C'mon Dad, at her age I was married.  Still not funny?  OK.  Moving on.
We stopped in the Cadillac Ranch and had a beer while we were waiting for Josh and The Sister to do some shopping. 
She picked up this Willie Nelson shirt for Asher.  Love it.

We went back to the hotel for a little rest and to change.  We also needed to take all those boots back so we didn't have to haul them all over with us.
Since I found out I had some new friends that visit my little corner of the web I thought I'd say hi! 
And show you one of my new pairs of boots! 

We went back to where all the action is and had dinner.  Soon after that the old people Mom & Dad and Kevin & Mel headed back to the hotel.  The four of us tried to hit as many places as we could, which meant stopping for one beer at each place.  And for me this means 1/2 of one.  I'm a slow drinker.
We had a couple of things on our to-do list.  Tootsies was one of them. 
We knew that Bob from the shop had put his business card on the hanging heater there. Of course I couldn't miss a photo of that!

It took us about 4  bars to find the right one but we finally found the Illinois firefighter plate hanging behind a bar.  We had heard that it had Munzy's name on it.  I've looked at this picture over and over and still can't find it.  Maybe the guys from the shop will let us know if this is the right one.

It was a great trip and we had lots of laughs.  We really do need to go back because I feel like we didn't have enough time to see everything and I never got to really "let loose."  Although I think this made Dustin and my Dad happy.  The only thing I was disappointed in was how touristy it was.  I wanted to see some real cowboys.  I guess they don't have those in Nashville?  And it smelled like urine.  Bad. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's disappointing that it was so touristy...you'd expect cowboys rouming free...country music stars on the streets...hmmm.. I'd like to go. I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BOOTS!!!!! Super jealous.

Jessica said...

well since I'm one of your blog stalkers ;) and since I finally started a blog of my own, figure the least I could do is leave a comment.... Loved this post, but I think my husband is going to kill me... I now want to go to Nashville and I think I need a pair of boots :) Enjoy reading all your post

Tess Weber-Popejoy said...

Nashville was a blast and the boots - ohhhh the boots were awesome! So excited you left a comment, I'll have another blog to add to my list!

Julie S. said...

I would LOVE to go to Nashville! Growing up in NE, we always got new cowboy boots for school- not new tennis shoes. I miss all of my boots! Maybe someday!