February 3, 2012

Tid Bits and Its my Birthday

Its Friday - And My Birthday - And I'm not working!
I turn 26 today.  For some reason this seems old even though I know its not.
  • Sometimes when Brudder gets in a really hard kick I stop and think :: Wow, Ohmigod.  There is a little person growing in my belly ::  So weird when you really stop and think about it. 
  • On the other hand I have never stopped and thought ::Wow.  I have a penis growing in my belly::  My cousin Addie asked me this shortly after I found out I was pregnant this time.  She asked me if when I was pregnant with Asher if I ever thought about the fact that I was a woman with a penis growing inside me.  No, I hadn't - until then.
  • We're on our way up to Kalahari for the weekend.  Asher is either going to love the water park or hate it.  For my sake I hope he loves it.
  •  Asher has now gone one full week of sleeping in underwears!  He hated wearing pull-ups at bedtime so I gave him the option of wearing his underwears if he would give up his nighttime "widdle bit of water."  So far we've done great!  I can't believe how grown up he's getting!
  • I'm really hating clothes right now.  The dress code at work is kind of out the window right now and I just wear what fits.  Yesterday morning I came in (in jeans again) and was complaining on how nothing fits and I hate clothes.  I sat down at my desk and there were flowers and a card with a gift card to Motherhood.  I love my co-workers!
  • Barb and Nikki also took me out for lunch yesterday!  Then in the afternoon everyone's favorite Coroner Mike Burke came in and sang me all 5 verses of Happy Birthday - it was a pretty good day.
  • But it got even better last night when Leah from Marital Bless left a comment on my little blog.  I LOVE her and her little family :)
And this week in pictures...

Monday night we went to Grandma Jane's.  She is re-doing her livingroom so Dustin ran the wiring to hang her TV above her fireplace.  Asher thought he was a big help and enjoyed a sucker (or 2) with Papa.
I had one of these Sunday morning at Milissa's and it was yummy.  I had to run out to the grocery store on my lunch this week to buy the stuff to make it!
Check out Dustin and Ella hanging out last weekend. 
I think they had some great cuddle time!
Milissa and I ran to Hobby Lobby last Saturday afternoon.  I've almost finished her bag and can't wait to send it to her!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Happy birthday, and have fun at Kalahari! We pass that water park on our way to another resort up in the Dells. It looks like a lot of fun. Hope Asher enjoys himself! :)

rachel b said...

happy birthday!!!!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday!!