August 23, 2012

I Love College

Today is Asher's first day of Pre-K!  But please don't call it Pre-K or even school.  According to Asher he is going to College... just like Uncle RJ.  He told The Sister he was gonna drink milk and sweet tea there :)

This morning didn't go great - but it didn't go as bad as I thought it would.  I ended up staying with him for about 45 minutes before I left without him noticing.  I just hope he didn't majorly freak out when he realized I was gone.  I still can't believe that I have a child going to school.

When I got pregnant with Asher it was all "oohhhh I'm having a baby!" and that's all I thought about.  This time when I was considering getting pregnant again I didn't just think about having a "baby".  I realized that that baby would someday turn into a toddler so I thought a lot more about if I was ready.  Everybody loves a baby but it takes a lot of patience to have a toddler.  Kind of like how everyone wants a puppy but those puppies turn into dogs... make sense?  And no, I'm not really comparing my kids to dogs.

Well I might have had the foresight to realize that baby #2 wouldn't be a baby forever but never had I thought about the fact that I would have to someday send one of my children out into the cruel, cruel world and into school.  OHMIGOD.  Buses?  Bookbags?  Seriously?  He's just a baby!
One of the things I love about living in the house that I grew up in are things like this.  I was able to take Asher's first day of school picture in the exact same spot as mine..... with the exact same car! 
Papa brought the '55 Buick down so Asher could have his picture taken just like Mommy
And yes, I sent him to school on the first day in his Popejoy shirt with his name on it.  I did this because I know he would be too shy to tell them his name!
 So cool!
 I hope he has a great first day!  His teacher promised to email me to let me know how it went.


Its funny that Asher calls school College because when I was pregnant with Asher the Asher Roth song "I Love College" came out.... although I think this is a little more along the lines of what Uncle RJ is doing at school :)

No comments: